by Jeffrey Carter
I saw this on Facebook, posted by John Delmar, and thought I’d snag it for this blog. All this is true!
I attend concerts frequently, and often I am pestered by rude behavior. Some commandments:
1. Show up on time, be in your seat by the time the music begins.
2. No whispers or asides during performance.
3. Don’t text or read your emails.
4. Shut off your cell phone…really!
5. No opening your candy sloooowly.
6. Even in bars and cocktail lounges, listen to the music!
7. No flipping through or rattling your program.
8. Respect and appreciate the skills and art of the performer.